Regardless of the season or sport, injuries are bound to happen to student-athletes as they play and practice. To help parents, athletes and teams better know how to react during these situations, Dr. Stacy Leung, a primary care sports medicine physician,
took time to chat with our partners at Houston Moms and covered a variety of questions, including:
- When should you head to the ER vs Urgent Care vs Family Doctor/Primary Care Provider?
- How can the trainers/team support staff help?
- what conversations should you have with them?
- What conversations should you have with your primary care doctor if you are playing sports?
- What about concussions? What are the warning signs/symptoms?
- What is the path to get back on the field if surgery is warranted?