Helping You Navigate UTMB’s Services
The Department of Patient Navigation & Support offers support to patients and their families 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help maximize the full benefit of the patient’s clinic visits and/or their hospital stay. The department offers a wide range of resources and is pleased to assist patients in navigating the full spectrum of UTMB’s clinical services, as well as the services of its partnering organizations.
The following services are offered:
- Orientation to UTMB Health and its services.
- Assistance in scheduling clinic appointments with primary and specialty care physicians and providers.
- Assistance scheduling diagnostic tests and procedures and expediting these services, when necessary.
- Planning the patient’s hospital stay.
- Assuring the patient’s plan of care is respectful and responsive to the patient’s preferences, needs and values, is well-coordinated, and addresses the patient’s health care needs.
- Helping patients participate as an active member of their own care team.
- Helping patients navigate UTMB’s facilities.
- Assuring the UTMB experience routinely exceeds patients’ expectations—every interaction, every time.
- Working with the Department of Patient Services, acting as the patient’s advocate by helping patients and their families resolve issues and/or concerns regarding their care.
The department is also available to assist referring physicians and their staff.