Childbirth Education Classes League City Campus
Childbirth 101 – 4-week series
Learn everything you need to know about your upcoming birth and how to take care of your baby in this four-week course.
This course includes information on preparing to give birth and coping with labor and birth, hospital practices, induction and augmentation of labor, medications, epidurals, cesarean birth, postpartum, baby care, and breastfeeding.
Our hands-on approach to teaching comfort techniques will enhance your learning experience as you practice relaxation skills during each class. Includes a hospital tour and written materials.
All expecting moms are welcome to join our childbirth education classes.
- Please register before your 28th week of pregnancy for the best chance of getting your first choices. You should schedule classes with the goal of being completed by the 36th week of pregnancy.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and you may bring yoga mat and pillow.
- Each mother is allowed to bring one support person to each class.
- Registration is not complete until the payment has been received. Credit card, cash and checks accepted.
- Refunds for cancellations are subject to a $25 processing fee and must be requested prior to the date of the first class. Please call Julie Tavarez at (832) 505-3302.
Classes will be held Tuesday evenings from 7–9 p.m. The 4 week series will begin the first Tuesday of the month in the following months:
February 2018 - At capacity April 2018 - At capacity
- June 2018
- August 2018
- October 2018
- Nov/Dec 2018
The 4-week course schedule includes the following:
- Tips for Common Discomforts
- Anatomy of Pregnancy
- Stages of Labor
- Breathing & Relaxation
- How Do I Know if I’m in Labor?
- Medical Interventions
- Pain Relief
- Cesarean Sections
- Celebration & Recovery Time
- Support Person’s Role
- Postpartum Depression
- Feeding Your Baby, Breastfeeding
- Infant Care
To register for childbirth education classes, please complete the form below. When you submit a form, a representative will contact you by the next business day to confirm your registration.
Credit Card payment will be collected during the registration confirmation phone call. If paying by cash or check, you will be instructed on options to arrange payment during the confirmation phone call. If you have any questions about registration or payment please contact Julie Tavarez-Bunyan at (832)505-3302.
To protect your privacy, all of our online forms are encrypted and stored in a secure location. Please note that while our forms are secure, any communication via email may not be secure, so please consider that when selecting a way for us to contact you. If you select phone or email as your preferred method of contact, every effort will be made to return your request by the next business day.