Although these events are being hosted at local churches, uninsured program participants do not need to be members of these church congregations in order to receive a free screening mammogram. The mobile van will provide free screening mammograms for pre registered uninsured women from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Participants need to PRE REGISTER for the program and have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal resident of Galveston County
- Over 40 years of age
- Participants cannot have mammogram coverage
through any insurance including Medicaid and/or Medicare
- Not pregnant
- Have not received a mammogram in the past 12 months
- No personal history of breast cancer in the past 5 years
- No current breast pain, breast discharge, or palpable breast abnormality
- Must complete and sign the application and consent forms
To enroll in this program, please pick up a registration packet from any of the church offices; from the UTMB Galveston Breast Imaging Department (2nd floor of the University Hospital Clinics Building); or the UTMB League City Campus, Breast Health Center waiting room (2nd floor). You may also download here in English or Spanish, and return these items to any of these locations no later than the dates specified for each location.
If you have any questions about this program or application, please contact Ida Hernandez of UTMB Health, at (832) 505-1721.