Dr. Yngve is an Associate Professor of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation and Chief of the Division of Pediatric Orthopaedics and Scoliosis at UTMB. He earned his medical degree and completed his orthopaedic residency at Indiana University, and a fellowship in pediatric orthopaedic surgery at Louisiana State University. He is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and is a member of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America.
Dr. Yngve, who came to UTMB in 1992, has been in practice for more than 20 years and says his goal is to treat his patients in a careful, caring and understanding manner. This includes remaining up-to-date in his field, which has resulted in his publication of more than 25 peer reviewed papers.
Dr. Yngve has a special interest in cerebral palsy, scoliosis and pediatric spine problems. He is doing a new type of minimally invasive cerebral palsy surgery called Selective Percutaneous Myofascial Lengthening (SPML) otherwise known as percutaneous surgery, or PERCS. He welcomes patients from 0-18 years with orthopaedic problems, including those of the back, hip, leg, ankle, foot, knee, arm, elbow, wrist, and hand. For more information on SPML, please see this SPML FAQ.
Specialties and Interests
Specialties: Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation
Interests: Orthopaedic Surgery, Pediatrics, Orthopaedic Surgery
Certification: Orthopaedic Surgery - American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and Training
- Indiana University School of Medicine, M.D., Grad: 1976
- Rotating, St. Vincent's Hospital, 1976-1977
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Indiana University, 1977-1981
Orthopaedics, Primary Care Pavilion
400 Harborside Drive, Suite 109
, TX 77555
Specialty Care Center at Victory Lakes, Orthopaedic Clinic
2240 Gulf Freeway South, Suite 1.2.11
, TX 77573
- Yngve, D.A., Chambers, C., "Vulpius and Z Lengthening," Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, 16:759-764, 1996.
- Yngve, D.A., "Abdominal Reflexes," Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics,17:105-108, 1997. Herndon, W.A., Sullivan, J.A., Gruel, C.R.,
- Yngve, D.A., "A comparison of Wisconsin instrumentation and Cotrel-Dubousset instrumentation," Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, 13:615-621, 1993.
- Yngve, D.A., Gross, R.H., "Late diagnosis of hip dislocation in infants," Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, 10:777-779, 1990.
- Yngve, D.A., "Foot-progression angle in clubfoot," Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, 10:467-472, 1990.
View list of publications...